In the last few releases, the team mainly focused on innovating and getting the new releases 1.0 out into the market.
For powerful users, Vivaldi offers features such as customizable keyboard shortcuts along with an optional command line-like interface, it support mouse gestures, tab stacks and numerous customized options. The browser uses Google’s Blink engine and it also allows you to use Chrome extension easily.
Features available in Vivaldi 1.0 as stated in the official blog are the following:
- Tab Stacks: Feels like you have too many tabs open? Vivaldi solves that with tab stacks. Drop tabs on top of each other to create a stack. It’s the fastest way to reduce clutter and keep organized. And when you’re ready to switch between tabs, Vivaldi has a number of customizations for that too.
- Tab Stack Tiling: Tile that tab stack and see multiple pages at the same time! With multiple tab stacks, it is like having multiple desktops!
- Sessions: Take browser management to the next level. Save your favorite set of tabs as a session for later retrieval.
- Notes: The perfect tool for researchers. Mark that quote and save it as a note. Vivaldi can remember which site you were browsing at the time, and allow you to take screenshots as well.
- Quick commands: Access open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more through a command interface.
- Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts: If you really want to operate the browser at lightning speed. Mouse gestures turn a flick of the wrist into almost any action in the browser. Keyboard shortcuts do the same with simple key combinations.
- Speed Dial: Your favorite sites and bookmarks easily accessible from any blank tab. Include Groups and Folders for even more Speed Dials!
- Better bookmarks: Access your bookmarks from the bookmarks panel, bookmarks manager, bookmark bar and of course Speed Dial.
- Web Panels: View websites in your Vivaldi sidebar. The perfect way to browse tweets, Facebook posts, or chat alongside your primary browsing window. We like to say it’s the next best thing to a “Boss button” for the web.
- Personalized: Vivaldi adapts to you, not the other way around. Vivaldi is the most customizable browser, all based on feedback from millions of users. In fact, there are more than 1 million different ways to make Vivaldi your perfect browser.
“We set out on a mission to make web browsers powerful again. So Vivaldi 1.0 is both a throwback and a look ahead. It’s a ‘Modern Classic’ designed to help our users get the most out of all the time they spend with their browser.”
He continues saying,
“Millions of people have already agreed that they want a better browser, one that puts them in control. Everything we build is in service of the user. We have no investors and their agendas to dictate our progress. There’s no exit strategy and we’re here to stay. All we want to do is give people a browser they’re proud to use and that we’re proud to call Vivaldi.”